• 6 weeks, 6 days/week
• Focused on aerobic conditioning, work capacity circuits, and total-body muscular endurance
• Includes multiple 2-a-days (70-80 minutes of total training time/day)
• Progression based training plan
• This training plan is one of the 182+ Plans included with an Athlete’s Subscription.
The following is a 6-week program designed specifically to help athletes lose fat through training. For the best results we recommend you pair this training plan with a disciplined diet. This does not mean you have to be overly restrictive, just smart and committed.
As a general rule of thumb, fat-loss is approximately 80% diet and 20% exercise. This training plan covers 6-weeks of fat-loss exercise progressions and can be repeated or used as preparation for more intense training programs. However, since a good portion of the overall success of any fat-loss plan is diet this plan will also provide you with tips and resources to assist with your diet.
Overall, the training for this program has a sharp focus on aerobic conditioning, work capacity circuits, and total-body muscular endurance.
Training is designed in a Monday – Saturday format (6 days on, 1 day off). Each week you will have five prescribed training sessions (three strength based, one interval based run and one endurance run). You also have four 30-minute jog or walk sessions in the evenings. That makes nine total training sessions per week. Don’t be overwhelmed by the schedule – take the training sessions one at a time. Most sessions take between 40-50 minutes and can be combined with the 30-minute jog or walk sessions if that works best for your schedule.
This program gets progressively harder each week. Follow the program as close as possible. However, if you are unable to follow this format, that is fine. Simply do the workouts on the available days of the week without skipping workouts.
Questions? Email Rob@mtntactical.com
SESSION 7 AM Session:
Obj: Work Capacity
(2) 3 Rounds, do as many repetitions per round as possible, (each round lasts 2 min.)
(3) 3 Rounds
Obj: Evening Run/Walk
(1) Jog/Walk for 30 minutes @ easy pace - no structured pace, just move continuously for 30 minutes
SESSION 8 AM Session:
Obj: Work Capacity
(1) 6 Rounds, one every min.
***Transition as quickly as possible to the next circuit with no or as little rest as possible***
(2) 6 Rounds, Count total number of repetitions (each round last 2 mins.)
(3) 6 Rounds, one every min.
(4) 3 Rounds
(5) 3 Rounds
Obj: Run Intervals
(1) 4 Rounds
(2) 2 Rounds
Enter your SESSION 1, 1.5-mile assessment time into the website Run Interval Calculator to determine today’s 800m interval pace.