New athlete Information
I Just Purchased a Subscription. How do I get Started?
I Just Purchased a training plan. How do I get started?
I’m having trouble logging into my account– help!
I just purchased a plan and can’t find/open it.
How can I access MTI’s fitness programming?
Can I access my account through an app?
What makes your program different? Is it like CrossFit?
What are your strength standards?
What equipment do you recommend for a garage gym?
What about nutrition?
What is the Operator Ugly fitness test?
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Training Questions? Need a plan recommendation?
- Questions about daily sessions or training in Jackson?
- Customer service/troubleshooting? Email: email@example.com
- GYM: 3535 South Park Drive, Jackson, WY
- Mailing: 5575 Spoiled Horse Road, Jackson, WY 83001
I’M HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING INTO MY ACCOUNT
Login button at the top right of the screen will direct you to the login portal (head icon to the right of the shop icon).
Still not working? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I JUST PURCHASED A PLAN AND CAN’T FIND IT/OPEN IT. HELP!
From the MTI homepage, click the LOGIN button at the top right of the toolbar.
After clicking the LOGIN button you”ll be sent her to enter your credentials.
Still Having trouble? Email email@example.com
HOW CAN I ACCESS MTI’S FITNESS PROGRAMMING?
There are 3 ways to access MTI’s fitness programming:
A) Purchase and Individual Training Plan (Click the appropriate below)
B) Subscribe. With an Athlete’s Subscription ($35/month) you get access to our daily training sessions for Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue and Mountain Athletes, as well as all (250+) Individual Training Plans.
C) Train in our Jackson Facility (Click Here for Details)
CAN I ACCESS MY ACCOUNT THROUGH AN APP?
Yes, you can! Simply search for MTN Tactical Fitness in the App or Google Play Store and hit download (or click on the links below). You can then log in with your credentials just like you would through our website and start training!
We also updated our App (V3) recently and you can now enjoy the following features:
- Track your session progress on a a daily basis
- Preview the exercises of your session/plan
- Purchase your plan, subscription or packet in-app
- Manage your account 2-Factor authentication functions
- Easily browse or search your plans for quicker access
WHAT MAKES YOUR PROGRAMMING DIFFERENT? IS IT LIKE CROSSFIT?
CrossFit is an incredible and proven general fitness training program, which has revolutionized and liberated modern fitness training. Our approach is different, but not hostile. Click HERE for an article describing our thoughts about CrossFit and our differences. Below are some bullet points on the ways our program differs.
- Our Focus is outside performance, not gym performance: CrossFit is “the sport of fitness” – and gym numbers/exercises are paramount. We understand that for Mountain and Tactical Athletes, all that matters is outside performance. This allows us to constantly modify/change/improve our programming as we learn and evolve.
- Programming Detail: MTI training sessions, cycles, and individual training plans are thoroughly periodized, programmed and designed. Nothing is random about our training sessions.
- Fluid Periodization: MTI mesocycles have a cyclic emphasis which rotates between strength, work capacity, Chassis Integrity, TAC SEPA (Tactical), endurance, climbing (Mountain) fitness and durability. To our knowledge, typical CrossFit programming does not deploy periodization or mesocycles of any type.
- Bias toward Strength: MTI programming balances these fitness attributes as opposed to the work capacity emphasis of CrossFit programming.
- Volume and Training Session Length: MTI daily session programming pushes more volume, and its training sessions are longer than typical CrossFit WOD’s. Most MTI training sessions are 60 minutes long, with endurance session extending to Sessions 120 minutes long. Many sport-specific training plans include 2-a-days.
- Durability Included: Mobility and durability drills are included in these training sessions, sometimes worked into strength circuits, and sometimes worked into durability-only circuits.
- Focused Core Strength Training: Many MTI training sessions include dedicated and focused core strength training circuits (we call our approach Chassis Integrity). We believe a strong midsection is essential to durability and our programming reflects this.
- Not every training session or circuit is a race: Circuits or other training session parts which are “for time” or are to be sprinted through are clearly indicated in this training plan. Unless the training plan calls for “for time” or “sprint effort” work briskly, not frantically. In general, these sprint efforts will be relegated to parts of Work Capacity training sessions.
WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTH STANDARDS?
It depends on the athlete we’re working with, and what the fitness demands are for their sport/profession:
MOUNTAIN ATHLETE STRENGTH STANDARDS
LIFT MEN WOMEN
Front Squat 1.25x BW 1.0x BW
Hinge Lift 1.75x BW 1.25xBW
Bench Press 1.25xBW .9xBW
Push Press 1.10x BW .7xBW
Hang Squat Clean 1.1x BW .9xBW
TACTICAL ATHLETE STRENGTH STANDARDS
LIFT MEN WOMEN
Front Squat 1.5x BW 1.0x BW
Dead Lift 2.0x BW 1.5x BW
Bench Press 1.5x BW 1.0x BW
Push Press 1.1x BW .7x BW
Squat Clean 1.25x BW 1.0x BW
Squat Clean+ Push Press 1.1x BW .7xBW
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR A GARAGE GYM?
Here’s the equipment we recommend:
1x “Econ” barbell – should cost less then $150
Dumbbells or Kettlebells:
Pair @ 25#/12kg
Pair @ 35#/16kg
Pair @ 45#/20kg
Pair @ 55#/24kg
Squat Stand – “Econ” – go with Rogue Fitness Squat Stand that includes a pull up bar
Flat Bench (can purchase via Rogue). Buy a welded bench!
Climbing Rope (if possible)
Interval timer – Timex 100 Lap Ironman Watch is best
20x24x30″ Plyo Box – Build your own or you can purchase through Rogue Fitness
Equipment Supplier? We use Roguefitness.com and have had great luck with them – except for sandbags. We make our own – click HERE.
WHAT ABOUT NUTRITION?
- What you eat is more important than how much you eat
- Any diet or nutritional plan that makes you constantly hungry isn’t sustainable
- Eat whole foods (nothing processed) and you’ll eat smaller portions, eat less often and still eat to satiety
- You can’t outwork a shitty diet. 95% of fat loss is diet-related
- Increase Lean body Mass
- Decrease Body Fat
- Build High Relative Strength (Strength per Bodyweight)
- Increase speed over ground for work capacity and endurance
- Improve mission performance
- Keep it simple
How Much Should I Weigh?
This depends on your job, and height. See the chart below for the general approach, and click MTI’s Ideal Bodyweights for Mountain Athletes, Mountain Professionals and Tactical Athletes for specifics.
Guidelines for Athletes Under 40 Years Old – 6 Days/Week …
Eat only …..
- Whole Foods – Nothing Processed
- Start each meal and each snack with whole food protein (poultry, fish, beef, pork, eggs)
- Vegetables that grow above the ground – leafy veggies, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, etc.
- You can eat these in moderation – nuts, nut butters (no peanuts), seeds, seed butters, nonfat unflavored greek yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, berries, dark chocolate (85% or more cocoa)
Drink only …..
- Coffee, water, bubble water, diet drinks
- Alcohol – only hard liquor or low carb hard seltzer. No beer or wine
Don’t Eat …
- Any processed sugar or corn syrup – candy, pastry, condiments with sugar/corn syrup, etc.
- Grains of any type or format (wheat, corn, oats, rice, bread, rolls, tortillas, pasta etc.)
- Beans – including peanuts/peanut butter
- Vegetables that grow beneath the ground – potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, etc.,
- Fruit other than tomatoes, cucumbers or avocados (all technically fruit) and berries in moderation. Especially avoid tropical fruits – bananas, mangos, pineapple, etc
- Limit processed/reduced fat (oils, butter) to only what is needed for cooking or in typical oil & vinegar salad dressing
Don’t Drink …
- Milk or cream
- Calories – surgery soda, fruit juices, etc.
As well …
- At every meal, aim to eat a more protein than energy (veggies + fats) based on weight.
- Eat protein for snacks.
- Eat to satiety – there is no caloric restriction. You should never be hungry.
- 1 Day/Week – Cheat like a mother … eat/drink anything you want!
Guidelines for Athletes Over 40 Years Old – 7 Days/Week ….
- Same as athletes under 40 years old, but no cheat day.
- Sucks for you old timer!
See the Video Below for more Info:
WHAT IS THE OPERATOR UGLY FITNESS TEST?
“Operator Ugly” is MTI’s fitness assessment for military athletes. Click HERE for a full description and explanation.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
After logging in you’ll be sent to your “Plans and Subscriptions” page. At the top, you’ll see a link to “Manage Subscriptions.”
Click “Manage Subscriptions” and you’ll be send to the page below, where you’ll see your subscription details and find a button to cancel (see below).
Click to cancel. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.