Law Enforcement Plan Tree
- PATROL/DETECTIVE DAY-TO-DAY “BASE” PROGRAMMING
- SWAT/SRT DAY-TO-DAY “BASE” PROGRAMMING
- SWAT/SRT SELECTION TRAINING PLANS
- PFT PLANS
- PLAN PACKETS
- Academy PLANS
The Philosophy behind our LE programming is rooted in this Paradigm Shift:
1) Your body is your primary weapon.
If you are unfit or injured, you are a liability to your unit or partner, not an asset.
2) You are a professional athlete.
Professional athletes use their bodies to earn a living. Law Enforcement Officers are professional athletes. Your paycheck not only depends upon your fitness, but so too does your job performance and survivability.
FITNESS ATTRIBUTES OF A LAW ENFORCEMENT ATHLETE
- High Relative Strength
- High Work Capacity for Short/Intense Events
- Tactical Speed, Explosive Power and Agility
- Sprinting Speed and Explosivemess
- Upper body power, mass and strength for suspect handling and intimidation
- Grip Strength
- Durability for a long career
WHAT MAKES OUR PROGRAM DIFFERENT?
We train for performance outside the gym.
Our programming is focused on training which transfers to tactical performance and durability. Gym numbers are meaningless. All that matters is outside performance.
The best thing we can do for our athletes is make them stronger. Strength is the foundation of performance and durability. We train full body strength heavy, hard and often, using classic, proven barbell and strongman exercises. Beyond full body strength, we hammer the core and midsection daily, and often dedicate whole training sessions to building our athlete’s core strength. Our strength training is aimed at the athlete’s “Combat Chasis” – legs, hips and core.
We build durability.
By developing overall strength, core strength and hip and shoulder mobility, we aim to make our athletes more durable. Strength + Mobility = Durability.
Our training sessions are periodized and programmed.
We are uncomfortable with random training. We like to know where we are going.
We understand the “burden” of constant fitness, and program accordingly.
Constant training can easily lead to staleness and boredom. Our programming cycles through emphasis on different training attributes, strives to introduce new exercises and short-duration assessments for engagement and athlete buy-in, and builds in both very intense depletion days and easier, recovery “unload” weeks to both challenge and protect the athlete.
The more we program, the more we learn, and that increased knowledge is continually folded into training programming and training session design. We are constantly making changes to improve. We can always do better.
We use Lab Rats to test the programming before we publish it.
We do this training too – ahead of when they are published on the website. We understand that programming and training session design are as much craft as they are science, and there’s no substitute for the coach writing the training sessions to do them also. We try and test it before we publish it.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ACCESS MTI’S FITNESS PROGRAMMING:
- Purchase and Individual Training Plan (see links above)
- Subscribe. With a Subscription you get access to our daily training sessions for Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue and Mountain Athletes, as well as access to 120+ Individual Training Plans. (Click Here for a Full List of Plans)