This 7-Week, 5 day/week training program is specifically designed to prepare fit athletes for MTI’s SWAT/SRT Assessment.
The MTI SWAT/SRT Assessment consists of three parts:
Part I: Strength
(a) 1-Repetition Max (1RM) Front Squat
(b) 1-Repetition Max (1RM) Bench Press
(c) Max Reps Weighted Pull-Ups with 25# vest or kit
Part II: Muscular Endurance / Anaerobic Power
(d) 2min Max Rep Sit-Ups
(e) 2min Max Rep Push-Ups
(f) Devil Dog Assessment with 25# vest or kit
Part II: Endurance
(g) 1.5 Mile Run for Time
Click HERE for Assessment Protocol and Scoring Standards.
This training plan deploys multiple assessments and uses assessment performance for the follow-on progressions. In this way, the plan automatically “scales” to the incoming running fitness and speed of each individual athlete.
This is Version 1 of this plan, designed in July 2021.
Muscular Endurance and Anaerobic PowerWork
- You’ll complete threshold-paced 800m running repeats 2x/week
- You’ll complete threshold-paced 25 yard Sprints / High Crawl / SC Carry / SC Drag 2x/week
- You’ll complete moderate-paced 2-Mile and 2.5-Mile runs repeats, 1x/week
- This plan deploys TLU Strength Progression methodology to train your 1RM Front Squat and Bench Press strength.
- Density Progression for Push Ups, Sit Ups, and Pull Ups fitness
WEEKLY SCHEDULE (Non-Assessment Weeks)
- Monday: Bodyweight Strength, Work Capacity, and Chassis Integrity
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: Running and Work Capacity
- Thursday: Bodyweight Strength and Chassis Integrity
- Friday: Strength and Running
- Barbell, Plates, and Squat Rack for Heavy Back Squats and Bench Press
- 25# vest or kit
- 2x 30# Dumbbells
- 80# Sandbag
- Pull Up Bar
- Stopwatch with repeat countdown interval timer (smartphone will work)
- Track or flat course with known distances for running and Devil Dog assessments
- Foam Roller
What if I miss a day?
Begin where you left off when you return to training. This program is progressed – each session builds upon the prior session – so don’t skip a session or skip around. Follow the training sessions in order, regardless.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Yes. Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.
How do I access the plan?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: email@example.com
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.