SF60 Training Packet contains three plans of MTI’s SF60 programming: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie
“SF560” is an acronym for “Strength and Fitness 60” and is age-appropriate for all high-impact athletes in the 60-65 age range.
The programming in this plan is specifically designed for civilian athletes, and/or tactical athletes, that no longer need to perform at the “tip of the spear” in their profession.
Below are some key programming principles for SF60 Programming:
- No 1RM (1 repetition max Strength Efforts)
- Eliminate all loaded deep squatting/lunging movements to minimize knee wear and accommodate likely knee arthritis. Bodyweight squats and lunges may be prescribed, but bodyweight lunges will not be prescribed
- Less barbell work in favor of sandbags, bodyweight and dumbbell/kettlebell training
- Replaces short, super-intense work capacity efforts with longer, steady-pace, “Grinds”
- No max effort endurance efforts. Endurance efforts are completed at a “moderate” pace
- Continued emphasis on Chassis Integrity (functional core) training
- Shorter (45-minute), efficient training sessions
- Designed to build and maintain foundational “base fitness” for older athletes.
- 4 day/week training plan on a 2:1, 2:1 schedule: i.e. train Mon-Tue, rest Wed, train Thurs-Fri, Rest or Outdoor Recreation Sat & Sunday
SF60 PACKET TRAINING PLANS
Three SF60 plans are included in this packet: Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie.
Each SF60 plan is a 4 Day/week, 7-week training plan. Week 7 of each plan is an unload week, so the plans may be run back-to-back.
Click the links below and see the following chart for more specifics on each plan.
The Price for the packet represents a 25% savings over purchasing the plans individually.
In what order should the plans be completed?
We recommend the order below:
What Equipment is Required?
- Fully Equipped functional fitness weight room including barbells, plates, squat rack, bench, plyo boxes
- 12-20″ box or bench for step ups
- Pull Up Bar
- Backpack for loaded step ups
- Sandbag – 40# for women, 60# for men
- Foam Roller
Can I see sample training before purchase?
Yes, click on the individual plan links below, then click the “Sample Training” page tab to see the entire first week of programming.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
How do I access the packet?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.