SF45 Delta is an intense 7-week, 5 Day/week multi-modal, training cycle which trains strength, work capacity, chassis integrity (functional core), and endurance. SF45 Delta has a slight endurance emphasis.
“SF45” is an acronym for “Strength and Fitness 45” and is age-appropriate for all high-impact athletes in the 45-50 age range.
The programming in this plan is specifically designed for civilian athletes, and/or tactical athletes, that no longer need to perform at the “tip of the spear” in their profession.
Below are some key programming principles for SF45 Programming:
- No 1RM (1 repetition max Strength Efforts)
- Loaded deep squatting emphasizes full range of motion overloading
- Avoids super intense, high impact work capacity efforts
- No max-effort endurance efforts. Endurance efforts are completed at a “moderate” pace
- Shorter (45-minute), efficient training sessions
- Designed to build and maintain foundational “base fitness” for older athletes.
- 5 day/week training plan
This is Version 2 of the plan, updated in December 2021.
SF45 Delta deploys MTI’s “Efficient Strength” programming methodology and includes sandbag and dumbbell/kettlebell strength exercises.
Work Capacity, Chassis Integrity
Trained together in this plan via long (30-40 minute) sandbag-based, “grind” efforts.
Trained via a moderate-paced, 45-minute, 3x/week efforts. Monday you’ll do loaded step ups for time. Wednesday is 45 minutes of “Athlete’s Choice” endurance (run, bike/spin, row or swim). Friday you’ll finish with a 45 minute ruck @ 35 or 45#.
- Monday – 45 Minute Endurance – Step Ups
- Tuesday – Efficient Strength
- Wednesday – 45 Minute Endurance – Athlete’s Choice
- Thursday – Work Capacity/Chassis Integrity Grind
- Friday – 45 Minute Endurance – Rucking
- Fully Equipped functional fitness weight room including barbells, plates, squat rack, bench.
- 16-20″ box or bench for step ups
- Pull Up Bar
- Sandbag – 40# for women, 60# for men
- Backpack with 25# of loading for the step ups and 35# (women), 45# (men) for Friday’s Rucking
How long will sessions last?
All sessions are designed to last 45 minutes.
Any modifications for women?
These are prescribed in the training plan. For example, if the session calls for front snatches @ 45/65#, the first load – 45# – is for women, and the second load – 65# – is for men. If the plan calls for 5/10x Push Ups, this means women do 5x push ups, men do 10x push ups.
What if I miss a day?
Begin where you left off when you return to training. This program is progressed – each session builds upon the prior session – so don’t skip a session or skip around. Follow the training sessions in order, regardless.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Yes. Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.
How do I access the plan?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.