“SF45” is an acronym for “Strength and Fitness 45” and this programming is designed for older tactical and other high impact athletes in the 45-50 age range. SF45 Programming has the following general characteristics:
Below are some key programming principles for SF45 Programming:
- No 1RM (1 repetition max Strength Efforts)
- Loaded deep squatting emphasizes full range of motion overloading
- Avoids super intense, high impact work capacity efforts
- No max-effort endurance efforts. Endurance efforts are completed at a “moderate” pace
- Shorter (45-minute), efficient training sessions
- Designed to build and maintain foundational “base fitness” for older athletes.
- 5 day/week training plan
SF45 PACKET TRAINING PLANS
Each SF45 plan is a 5x/week, 7 week training plan. Week 7 of each plan is an unload week, so the plans may be run back-to-back.
Click the links below and see the following chart for more specifics on each plan.
The Price for the packet represents a 20% savings over purchasing the plans individually.
In what order should the plans be completed?
We recommend the order below:
What Equipment is Required?
- Fully Equipped functional fitness weight room including barbells, plates, squat rack, bench.
- 16-20″ box or bench for step ups
- Pull Up Bar
- Sandbag – 40# for women, 60# for men
- Backpack with 25# of loading for the step ups and 35# (women), 45# (men) for Friday’s Rucking
Can I see sample training before purchase?
Yes, click on the individual plan links below, then click the “Sample Training” page tab to see the entire first week of programming.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
How do I access the packet?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: email@example.com
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.