“Larry” is the second plan of the “Three Stooges” Dumbbell Training Packet. “Larry” deploys our Fluid Periodization model and concurrently trains:
- Work Capacity
- Tactical Speed, Explosive Power & Agility
- Chassis Integrity
- Full Dumbbell or Kettlebell Set
- 15-20” Box or Bench
- Open space for Sprints and Shuttle Runs
“Larry” has a slight Work Capacity and Chassis Integrity emphasis, deploying dumbbell/kettlebell and bodyweight movements. The Work Capacity efforts will focus on three durations:
- 30 Minute Work Capacity
- 15 Minute Work Capacity
- 5 Minute + 10 Minute Work Capacity
You’ll train Work Capacity on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the cycle. Each session on these days will also include a Chassis Integrity circuit ranging in time from 15 to 20 minutes.
Tuesday’s train Strength and TAC SEPA. The strength progression utilizes our classic TLU programming theory and percentage based lifts for your working rounds. The focus for TAC SEPA will be on speed and agility with direction change.
1-Arm Exercises vs Traditional Exercises
If a movement does not specify it as a 1-Arm movement, you will utilize dumbbells/kettlebells in each hand. For movements specified as 1-Arm, you will do the prescribed reps on each arm/leg.
- 6 Rounds of 2x Dumbbell Front Squat: Complete 3x Front Squats at the prescribed percentage with a Dumbbell/Kettlebell in each hand.
- 20 Rounds of 6x 1-Arm Dumbbell Snatch: Complete 6x 1-Arm Dumbbell Snatch’s at the prescribed weight with each arm (12x Total).
Thursday’s will train endurance utilizing single mode (running) training. You will complete a 6-mile assessment, and train 2-mile intervals with the MTI Running Calculator in following weeks. You will re-assess the 6-mile run in Week 4 and Week 7.
Converting Dumbbells to Kettlebells
This plan uses dumbbell weights, as they easier to scale for loading. You can use dumbbells or kettlebells, you will just need to convert the weight. See the chart below for converting dumbbell weight to kettlebell weight.
Here is the weekly schedule:
- Monday: Work Capacity, Chassis Integrity
- Tuesday: Strength, TAC SEPA
- Wednesday: Work Capacity, Chassis Integrity
- Thursday: Running Endurance – Speed over Ground
- Friday: Work Capacity, Chassis Integrity