• 6-Week, 4-5 day/week, 24-30x Session Training cycle which combines..
• Gym-based strength for lower and total body
• Strength and hypertrophy for upper body
• Multi-modal and sprinting-focused work capacity
• Chassis integrity and Tactical Speed, Explosive Power and Agility in the same cycle
• This training plan is one of the 182+ Plans included with an Athlete’s Subscription.
This 6-week, 4-5 day/week, 24-30x Session Training Cycle combines gym-based strength for lower and total body, strength and hypertrophy for upper body, multi-modal and sprinting-focused work capacity, chassis integrity and Tactical Speed, Explosive Power and Agility in the same cycle.
Here is the weekly schedule:
Monday: Gym based strength (Total Body), Upper Body strength or hypertrophy and Chassis Integrity
Tuesday: Tactical Speed, Explosive Power or Agility work, 5-15 minute multi-modal and/or sprinting focused work
Wednesday: Gym-based strength (Lower Body),Upper Body strength or hypertrophy and Chassis Integrity (low back
Thursday: Tactical Speed, Explosive Power or Agility work, 5-15 minute multi-modal and/or sprinting focused work
Friday: Athlete’s Choice – Total Rest or 2-4 mile easy recovery run
Saturday& Sunday: Total Rest
– Monday-Thursday Training Sessions are designed to last 45-50 minutes. Work briskly through these efforts.
– Tuesday & Thursday TAC SEPA work rotates through speed, explosive power and agility. You’ll train one of these attributes each day.
– Monday’s Chassis Integrity circuit combines a total body, anti-rotation and rotation core exercise. Wednesday’s Chassis Integrity work focuses on the low back/extension.
– Monday and Wednesday’s Upper Body work alternates between strength (3-5 reps/set) and hypertrophy (10-15 reps/set).
– Work Capacity efforts on Tuesday and Thursday. Two formats are deployed, 5 + 10 and 15. 5+10 = 5 minute effort, short rest, then 10 minute effort. 15 = one 15-minute effort. Every other day one work capacity effort will focus on loaded sprinting of some type … i.e. sprints in a 25# weight vest or IBA.
– Friday is athlete’s choice. If you’re feeling good and have the time, take and easy 2-4 mile recovery run. If not, total rest is fine.
– Rob Shaul
Questions? Email Rob@mtntactical.com
Obj: Strength, Chassis Integrity
(1) 8 Rounds
(2) 20 Minute Grind
Obj: TAC SEPA, Work Capacity
(1) 4 Rounds
(2) Repeat (1) in 25# Vest/IBA
(3) 4 Rounds
****Rest 30-45 Seconds
(4) Repeat (3) in Vest/IBA
(5) 5 Rounds, Every 60 Seconds
****Rest 1-2 Minutes
(6) 5 Rounds for Time
(2) 4 Rounds
(1) 5 Rounds
(2) 5 Rounds
(3) 15 Minutes wearing 25# weight vest or IBA
Obj: Recovery or Total Rest
(1) Run 2-4 miles, easy, recovery pace