• 6 weeks, 5 days/week
• Designed specifically for endurance athletes to generate more power, build a stronger midsection, and increase durability for an injury-free season
• Best completed in the off-season with no, or little, endurance work
• This training plan is one of the 182+ Plans included with an Athlete’s Subscription.
This 6-week strength training program is designed to correct strength imbalances, improve mobility, and build total body strength for endurance athletes.
You will train 5 days per week, ideally Monday through Friday. Take Saturday and Sunday as full rest. There are a total of 30x training sessions.
This is an off-season program designed to be completed alone, with greatly reduced or better, no additional training of your endurance activity.
– Build relative strength for power generation, durability and overall longevity in your sport.
– Build the eccentric strength and strength endurance in your legs to prepare you for the eccentric loading which occurs during long distance training and descending on runs.
– Build the lactate tolerance and recovery in your legs so you can train harder longer, and recover quicker during breaks.
– Build your core/midsection strength and overall strength to add stability during training and increase overall durability.
– Build your glute medius strength, hamstring strength and landing mechanics to help protect your knees from injury during the racing season.
– Build your legs and lungs and reduce impact on your joints.
– Build durability and functional movement, that is teach your body how to move effectively to reduce chance of injury and increase strength
Questions? Email email@example.com
5x Hinge Lift @ 65#/45#
10x Push ups
10x Air Squats
5x Jump Squats
Push ups x 2
Round 1 = 1x Pull up, 2x Push ups
Round 2 = 2x Pull ups, 4x Push ups
Round 3 = 3x Pull ups, 6x Push ups...
(3) 4 Rounds
10/10/10 Low Back Complex
10/10 Low Back Lunge
10/10 Kneeling Founder
10x Face Down Back Extensions