This 6-week strength training program is designed to correct strength imbalances, improve mobility, and build total body strength for endurance athletes.
You will train 5 days per week, ideally Monday through Friday. Take Saturday and Sunday as full rest. There are a total of 30x training sessions.
This is an off-season program designed to be completed alone, with greatly reduced or better, no additional training of your endurance activity.
– Build relative strength for power generation, durability and overall longevity in your sport.
– Build the eccentric strength and strength endurance in your legs to prepare you for the eccentric loading which occurs during long distance training and descending on runs.
– Build the lactate tolerance and recovery in your legs so you can train harder longer, and recover quicker during breaks.
– Build your core/midsection strength and overall strength to add stability during training and increase overall durability.
– Build your glute medius strength, hamstring strength and landing mechanics to help protect your knees from injury during the racing season.
– Build your legs and lungs and reduce impact on your joints.
– Build durability and functional movement, that is teach your body how to move effectively to reduce chance of injury and increase strength