This 7-Week, 6 day/week training program is sport-specifically designed to improve the athlete’s running and rucking performance.
This training program has 3 specific objectives:
- (1) Increase running and rucking speed over ground
- (2) Increase running and rucking aerobic base and efficiency for longer distance runs
- (3) Build general total body strength and chassis integrity (functional core) strength and strength endurance.
This training plan deploys a 3-mile run assessment and a 6-mile ruck assessment @ 45#. Follow-on progressions are based on the individual athlete’s most recent assessment results. In this way the plan automatically “scales” to the incoming running fitness and speed of each individual athlete.
This is Version 1 of this plan, built March 2020.
- Mon: 3-Mile Run Assessment or Speed over Ground Intervals
- Tue: 6-Mile Ruck @ 45# Assessment or Speed over Ground Intervals
- Wed: Strength, Chassis Integrity
- Thu: Moderate-Pace Run or Ruck @ 45%
- Frii: Moderate-Pace Run or Ruck @ 45#
- Sat: Easy Distance Run or Ruck @ 45#
What is the Required Equipment?
This is a limited equipment training plan requiring the following equipment:
- Stop Watch
- 45# (pound) backpack or ruck. This will be used for both rucking and substitute for a sandbag for the strength work
- Pull Up Bar
- Foam Roller
How Long do the Sessions Last?
60-120 minutes depending upon your running pace. Longest days will be the Saturday long easy run or ruck.
What if I miss a day?
If you miss a day, make up the session you missed the next day and follow the programming as prescribed. The programming is progressive – it builds upon itself. Don’t skip ahead.
What does 1/3x Pull Ups Mean?
1/3x Pull Ups = 1x for women, 3x for men.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Yes. Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.
How do I access the plan?
You can access the plan via username and password either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time
More Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.