Intense, 10-week training plan specifically designed to train athletes for the GORUCK Selection event.
This is a 6 day/week training plan which includes multiple 2-a-days, as well as long weekend rucks (up to 20 miles). The plan demands a significant time commitment to complete. The plan includes a 2-week taper, and is designed to be completed the 10 weeks directly prior to your event start date.
This is Version 2 of the plan, updated in December 2022.
Most weeks you’ll train Monday through Saturday and take Sundays off.
This is our 3rd Version of the GORUCK Selection plan, and includes specific training progression for the initial GoRuck Selection PFT (push ups, situps, 5 mile run, 12-mile Ruck @ 45#).
This plan is “sport-specific” to the specific fitness demands of GoRuck Selection – specifically rucking. You’ll ruck up to 3 days/week and run 2-3 days/week. It also includes:
- Testing and progressive training for the GoRuck Selection Physical Fitness Test (GRSPFT)
- Focused upper body strength training
- Weekly total body strength training in a weight room
- Step-ups for hiking uphill, and Sandbag Getups for work capacity, mental fitness, and core strength
- Intense core, mobility, and stabilizer strength training for durability
- DOT Drills for ankle and knee durability
- Fully equipped weight room
- GPS-enabled Stop Watch with repeating countdown timer (Garmin Forerunner 10 is recommended ) A GPS enabled watch will make measuring run and ruck distances much easier.
- 60# Sandbag
- ALICE Pack or same ruck you will use at selection, 40-60# of filler.
What if I miss a day?
Begin where you left off when you return to training. This program is progressed – each session builds upon the prior session – so don’t skip a session or skip around. Follow the training sessions in order, regardless.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Yes. Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.
How do I access the plan?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: email@example.com
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.