This intense, 5 week, 5 day/week training plan is specifically designed to prepare athletes for the Border Patrol BORSTAR Physical Assessment Test (PAT).
This is Version 1 of the plan, designed in August 2022
This plan is purpose-built to prepare you for the specific fitness demands of the BORTSTAR PAT:
Below are the minimum standards:
- Illinois Agility Test in 18 seconds or less
- Minimum 7 Pull Ups
- Minimum 48 Push-Ups in 2 Minutes or Less
- Minimum 60 Sit-Ups in 2 Minutes or Less
- 1.5 mile run in 11 minutes 30 seconds (11:30) or less
- 250m Swim in 6 minutes, 30 seconds (6:30) or less
Weeks 1, 3 and 5 in the plan are Assessment weeks. Below is the Training Schedule for the non-assessment weeks 2 and 4:
- Monday: Illinois Agility Test, Pull Ups, Push Ups, Sit ups, Moderate Run
- Tuesday: 800m Repeats, 125m Swim Repeats
- Wednesday: Illinois Agility Test, Pull Ups, Push Ups, Sit ups, Moderate Run
- Thursday: 800m Repeats, 125m Swim Repeats
- Friday: Illinois Agility Test, Pull Ups, Push Ups, Sit ups, Moderate Run
This is a limited equipment training plan. Below is the required equipment.
- Stopwatch with Repeating Countdown Timer (smartphone app will work)
- Pull Up Bar
- Running Track or known distances for 220-yards, 1.5 miles and 800m.
- Swimming Pool
What if I miss a day?
Begin where you left off when you return to training. This program is progressed – each session builds upon the prior session – so don’t skip a session or skip around. Follow the training sessions in order, regardless.
What if I can’t handle the training volume at first?
Building stamina and resilience is a key training goal of this plan, and physical and mental stamina is also key to completing the Academy. If you can’t handle the training volume at first, it’s better to cut training sessions short, rather than take unscheduled rest days.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run/Ruck Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Yes. Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.
How do I access the plan?
Access is online, via username and password. You can log in either through our website or through our app (Mtn Tactical Fitness) available for IOS and Android.
Can I print out sessions to take to the gym?
Yes – you can print a week of programming at a time.
More Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before beginning any exercise program, consult with your physician to ensure that you are in proper health. Physical training contains inherent risks including, but not limited to, muscle strains, tears, physical and bodily injury up to and including death. This training program is not meant to provide medical advice; you should obtain medical advice from your private health care practitioner. If you are unable to assume these risks then you should not engage in this training program. No liability is assumed by Mountain Tactical Institute, Inc, its owners or employees, and you train at your own risk. Mountain Tactical Institute makes no warranty, express or implied, of any kind in connection with this training program.