By Rob Shaul
MTI is calling for fit lab rats to test the effectiveness of extended, multi-modal grinds, to Improve Strength, Work Capacity and Endurance.
The training will begin Monday, January 24, 2022.
The deadline to apply is 1700 Mountain Time, Friday, January 21, 2022.
Lab rats must be 20-40 years old.
All lab rats will complete the same, focused 3.5 weeks, 5 day/week focused training cycle.
We’re looking to get 8-16 committed, fit, lab rats for this study.
Athletes must have solid functional fitness training experience and know their way around a weight room. This cycle isn’t appropriate for athletes new to lifting or functional fitness.
You’ll work directly with MTI Founder Rob Shaul for the duration of the project and communicate through a group-only message board.
What We Hope To Learn
- The fitness effects of extended, multi-modal grinds on endurance, strength, and work capacity.
Extended (20-45 minute) multi-modal, moderate-paced “grinds” are an important component of MTI programming. We know already they have a significant general fitness effect, and strong transfer to real-world activities like sawing, chopping and stacking firewood, shoveling snow, moving furniture, etc. But we’ve never measured their specific impacts to assessed strength, endurance and work capacity. Hopefully, this study will answer that question.
- Fully outfitted functional fitness gym (racks, barbells, bumper plates, plyo boxes, step up bench)
- 40-pound sandbag (women), 60-pound sandbag (men)
This study project will take 3.5 weeks. It will begin Monday, January 24, 2022 with 1RM strength, work capacity, and endurance assessments, and end, Monday, February 14, 2022 reassessments.
- You’ll need to commit to training 5 days/week for 3.5 weeks, and follow the program as prescribed
- You’ll need to commit to following only this programming as formal fitness training for the study project period. You can’t double up this training with any other physical fitness training.
- You’ll need the required equipment (see above).
- You’ll need to be 20-40 years old, fit, a weight room veteran and experienced with functional fitness.
- Current Athlete Subscription Subscribers and past purchasers of MTI programming will be given selection priority.
Want to be an MTI Lab Rat?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Grind Lab Rat” in the subject line.
- Verify you have access to the required equipment and have a solid strength training background
- Verify you will commit to the 3.5 weeks, 5 day/week program
- Verify if you are either (1) current Athlete’s Subscription subscriber, or (2) past purchaser of an MTI training Program or packet of plans
We’re hoping to get 8-20 lab rats for this project.