By Rob Shaul
We’re looking for insightful, thought-provoking, Mountain Professionals, Tactical Athletes, Fitness Professionals and Nutrition Professionals to be paid writers/contributors to MTI. Your writing will be published on the MTI website and be featured in our weekly email newsletter, “Beta.”
- This includes both mountain professionals and professional mountain athletes.
- Mountain Professionals include Rangers, Game Wardens, Mountain SAR professionals, Field Biologists, Ski Patrollers, Mountain Guides, Ski Instructors, etc.
- Writing topics can conclude mountain-specific fitness training, mountain movement, technique,, safety, lessons learned, gear & clothing systems, outdoor industry business, professional development, and quiet professionalism.
Professional Mountain Athletes
- This includes athletes in any outdoor discipline – climbing, mountaineering, skiing, backcountry hunting, whitewater kayaking, ultra running, mountain running, thru hiking, etc.
- High level mountain athlete, but never been a pro? We’ll take your application as well! – please include your climbing/kayaking/running/skiing resume.
- Writing topics can conclude mountain-specific fitness training, mountain movement, technique,, safety, lessons learned, gear & clothing systems, outdoor industry business, professional development, and quiet professionalism – same as those for mountain professionals.
- This includes strength and conditioning coaches, fitness writers, competitive fitness athletes, etc.
- Writing topics include fitness programming, exercise selection, exercise technique, fitness technology, gear/equipment, research review, etc.
- This includes certified nutritionists and dietitians.
- Topics include food and diet selection, event nutrition, weight loss, supplements, performance nutrition, menu / recipes, etc.
- Are you a nutrition nerd, but not certified? We’ll consider your application too – but you’ll need to convince us that you know your stuff!
- This includes Wildland Firefighters, Urban Fire/Rescue, All types of Law Enforcement, SWAT/SRT, Military, etc.
- Topics include organizational issues, professional commentary, leadership, mission tactics, equipment and clothing systems, quiet professionalism, leadership, professional development, etc.
These will be paid positions, and contributors will be paid $100 per published submission.
Don’t apply if you’re sensitive! I will be a demanding editor, and writing which doesn’t meet MTI’s standards won’t be printed. We’re not looking for soft filler filled with cliches and lists… we want contributions which make all of us think and consider. Expect direct, but constructive criticism and multiple re-writes to make it better.
Want to improve your thinking and writing? Here’s your chance.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:.
- Current Resume
- 3 article or essay topic ideas – including the proposed headlines
If you’re essay or topic ideas and headlines are intriguing, the next step will be to write one of them for contribution.