By Rob Shaul
MTI is calling for fit lab rats to test the fitness transfer of loaded step ups to rucking speed.
The training will begin Monday, March 7, 2022.
The deadline to apply is 1700 Mountain Time, Friday, March 4, 2022.
Lab rats must be 20-40 years old.
All lab rats will complete the same, focused 3.5 weeks, 5 day/week focused training cycle.
We’re looking to get 6-12 committed, fit, lab rats for this study.
Athletes must have solid free weight strength training experience and know their way around a weight room. This cycle isn’t appropriate for athletes new to lifting or strength training, or de-conditioned athletes.
You’ll work directly with MTI Founder Rob Shaul for the duration of the project and communicate through a group-only message board/forum.
What We Hope To Learn
- The effectiveness of loaded step ups to improve rucking performance.
- Fully outfitted functional fitness gym (racks, barbells, bumper plates, dumbbells, sandbags)
- Ruck with 40 pounds of filler
- 12-20″ bench or box for step ups
This study project will take 3.5 weeks. It will begin Monday, March 7, 2022 with a general strength, work capacity, and endurance assessment, and end, Monday, with a 1RM assessment, and end the week of Monday, March 28, 2022 with a re-assessments.
- You’ll need to commit to training 5 days/week for 3.5 weeks, and follow the program as prescribed
- You’ll need to commit to following only this programming as formal fitness training for the study project period. You can’t double up this training with any other physical fitness training.
- You’ll need the required equipment (see above).
- You’ll need to be 20-40 years old, fit, and a weight room veteran. This is intense programming, and not appropriate for functional training rookies or deconditioned athletes.
Want to be an MTI Lab Rat?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Step Ups to Rucking Speed Lab Rat” in the subject line.
- Age, Height and Bodyweight
- Verify you have access to the required equipment and have a solid strength training background
- Verify you will commit to the 3.5 weeks, 5 day/week program
- Verify if you are either (1) current Athlete’s Subscription subscriber, or (2) past purchaser of an MTI training Program or packet of plans
We’re hoping to get 6-12 lab rats for this project.