By Rob Shaul
Are you a tactical or mountain athlete familiar with our work who has an idea for one of our research studies? We want to hear it.
Research topics need to be “Mission Direct” – in the sense study findings can be deployed immediately in the field, and can include fitness/exercise science, gear, nutrition, safety systems, sports/combat psychology, mental fitness, and unit culture.
Read more about our Mission-Direct approach to research HERE.
As examples, here are some of the study ideas we’re pursuing currently:
- Differences in nutritional demands between loaded and unloaded movement on flat and incline.
- Impact of loading on tactical sprint speed.
- Testing and comparison of SCBA Emergency Breathing Techniques for urban firefighters
- Develop a neck and back strength assessment and progressed programming for Blackhawk pilots
- Develop a Flexibility/Mobility Assessment for Tactical Athletes
- Develop a progressive stress marksmanship system for archery
- Develop and test a program to improve heavy rucking and upper body strength for female tactical athletes
- Develop and test a progressive multi-modal work capacity training system based on power
Please send study/research suggestions to: