In June 2018 Rob was invited by the Denver Fire Department to talk about his philosophy on what it means to be a Quiet Professional.
First penned in October 2015, Rob since then has defined eight pillars of Quiet Professionalism which include:
1) Mission First.
2) Hard Work with a full heart.
3) Understanding the difference between “Experience” and “Wisdom.”
4) Knowing what to do = Easy.
Doing it = Hard.
5) Continual Professional Learning.
6) Do your Job with Dignity.
7) Embrace the suck.
Below you can find a total of 5 videos that documented the entire presentation to the firefighters.
This was filmed by a friend of one of the firefighters … so please excuse the quality.
This talk is based on the essay, What Does It Mean to Be a Quiet Professional?
Question, Comments, Feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Might Also Like What Does it Mean to be a Quiet Professional?