By Rob Shaul
MTI is calling for fit lab rats to test a new strength program roughly based on our Big 24 strength progression methodology.
The training will begin Friday, October 29, 2021.
The deadline to apply is 1700 Mountain Time, this coming Monday, October 25, 2021.
Lab rats must be 20-50 years old.
All lab rats will complete the same, focused 4 week, 5 day/week, strength-focused training cycle.
We’re looking to get 6-12 committed, fit, lab rats for this study.
Athletes must have solid free weight strength training experience and know their way around a weight room. This cycle isn’t appropriate for athletes new to lifting or strength training. The programming will include classic strength exercises (back squat, front squat, dead/hinge lift, bench press, push press) and limited total body strength exercises including cleans.
You’ll work directly with MTI Founder Rob Shaul for the duration of the project and communicate through a group-only message board/forum.
What We Hope To Learn
- Is the program progression and intensity doable?
- How do the results compare to the current Big 24 progression?
- Fully outfitted functional fitness gym (racks, barbells, bumper plates)
- 40# Sandbag (women), 60# sandbag (men)
This study project will take 4 weeks. It will begin Friday, October 25 with a 1RM assessment and end the week of Monday, November 22, 2021.
- You’ll need to commit to training 5 days/week for 4 weeks, and follow the program as prescribed
- You’ll need to commit to following only this programming as formal fitness training for the study project period. You can’t double up this training with any other physical fitness training.
- You’ll need the required equipment (see above)
- You’ll need to be 22-50 years old, fit, and a weight room veteran.
- Current Athlete Subscription Subscribers and past purchasers of MTI programming will be given selection priority.
Want to be an MTI Lab Rat?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Big 36 Lab Rat” in the subject line.
- Verify you have access to the required equipment and have a solid strength training background
- Verify you will commit to the 4 week, 5 day/week program
- Verify if you are either (1) current Athlete Subscription subscriber, or (2) past purchaser of an MTI training Program or packet of plans
We’re hoping to get 6-12 lab rats for this project.