By Rob Shaul
MTI is calling for fit lab rats to test the correlation between relative strength and rucking and running performance
This is a short, 1-week, 3x training session effort, beginning next Monday, 11.7.22.
The deadline to apply is 1700 Mountain Time, Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Lab rats must be 20-40 years old.
All lab rats will complete the same training sessions for this mini study. Below is the schedule:
- Monday, 11.7.22: MTI Relative Strength Assessment
- Tuesday, 11.8.22: Total Rest
- Wednesday, 11.9.22: 3 Mile Ruck Run for Time @ 45#
- Thursday, 11.10.22: Total Rest
- Friday, 11.11.22: 3 Mile run for Time, unloaded
We’re looking to get 5-10 committed, fit, lab rats for this study.
Athletes must have solid free weight strength training experience and know their way around a weight room. This cycle isn’t appropriate for athletes new to lifting or strength training, or de-conditioned athletes.
You’ll work directly with MTI Founder Rob Shaul for the duration of the project and communicate through a group-only message board/forum.
What We Hope To Learn
- The correlation between relative strength and rucking and running performance.
- Fully outfitted functional fitness gym (racks, barbells, bumper plates, dumbbells, sandbags). Track or known 3-mile distance.
This study project will take 1 weeks. It will begin Monday, November 7, 2022 with the MTI Relative Strength Assessment.
- You’ll need to commit to training 3 days/week for 1 week, and follow the program as prescribed
- You’ll need to commit to following only this programming as formal fitness training for the study project period. You can’t double up this training with any other physical fitness training.
- You’ll need the required equipment (see above).
- You’ll need to be 20-40 years old, fit, and a weight room veteran. This is intense programming, and not appropriate for functional training rookies or deconditioned athletes.
Want to be an MTI Lab Rat?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Ruck Run Lab Rat” in the subject line.
- Age, Height and Bodyweight
- Verify you have access to the required equipment and have a solid strength training background
- Verify you will commit to the 4 weeks, 5 day/week program
- Note the MTI training plans you’ve completed in the past
- Indicate if you’re lactose intolerant, and therefore can’t participate as a member of the “Test” group.