By Rob Shaul
MTI is calling for remote lab rats for an upcoming, narrow and focused, 3.5 weeks, 5 or 6-day/week Mini-Study testing programming we’ve developed to improve the overall score of the famed CrossFit WOD, “Fight Gone Bad.”
This Mini-Study will begin Monday, January 2, 2022. The deadline to apply is 1700 Mountain Time, Saturday, December 31, 2022.
A handful law enforcement agencies around the country use three rounds of “Fight Gone Bad” as an annual fitness assessment. We’ve been asked to develop programming to train for this event – which is the reason behind this Mini-Study.
Most likely, lab Rats will all complete the same programming. This will be an intense, 5 to 6 day per week, 3.5 week cycle, which begins and ends with the 3 rounds of FGB assessment.
What We Hope To Learn
(1) Is the programming we developed doable, and does it lead to a significant increase (10%+ overall score improvement depending on the athlete’s incoming fitness)
- You’ll need to commit to training 6 days/week, and follow the program as prescribed.
- You’ll need to commit to only do this training 3.5 weeks – not additional training.
- You’ll need the required equipment: 55/75# barbell, 20″ Box, 14/20# Wall Ball and 10-foot target, Rowing erg.
- You’ll need to be an experienced, fit athlete.
We aim to limit the total number of Lab Rats 10-20 athletes.
Want to be an MTI Lab Rat?
Please email email@example.com, and put “FGB Lab Rat” in the subject line by 1700 mountain time, Saturday, December 31, 2022.
- Your age, height, and weight
- What MTI Programs you’ve completed
- Verify you have access to the required equipment needed to complete FGB
- Finally, please verify you commit to the 3.5 week, 5 day/week training cycle. (We’ll hold you to it.)