• 6 weeks, 5 days/week
• Focus on rucking, endurance, stamina, overall strength, core strength
• Includes “mini-events” to prepare you for demand of GORUCK Heavy
• This training plan is one of the 182+ Plans included with an Athlete’s Subscription.
Demanding, 6-week training program specifically designed to prepare athletes for the GORUCK Heavy. This program designed to be completed directly before your GORUCK Heavy. You’ll start training the Saturday exactly 6-weeks before the Saturday of your event.
The program also includes specific training for the the Goruck Heavy Physical Fitness Test:
– 2 minutes max reps push-ups.
– 2 minutes max reps sit-ups.
– 12-Mile Ruck Run: maximum time allotted is 3 hours 30 minutes.
This plan will take commitment to complete. Training schedule and times:
Sunday: Total Rest
Saturday : 4-6 hours (Mini events)
Monday/Wednesday: up to 4 hours. This depends largely on your ruck time.
Tuesday: less than 60 minutes.
Thursday: 3 – 4.5 hours
Friday: Total Rest
Training Program Goals
1. Build Rucking Performance/Endurance – The best way to improving rucking performance is to ruck. During this program you’ll ruck 4 days/week, and at the top of the cycle, will ruck 18 miles in one session, and 58 miles in a week.
2. Build Stamina and Strength Endurance – We’ll build your work capacity through Sandbag Get-ups, long weekend events and stamina sessions aimed at improving recovery and preparing the body for the long event.
3. Build Overall Strength – We focus on hips and legs, but maintain upper body as well.
4. Build Core Strength – Rucking under load and the long events will especially stress your midsection. Every session will challenge your midsection. You’ll come to love/hate sandbag getups and other core exercises.
5. Build Mental Fitness – Saturday training sessions are long, hard grinders which combine distance rucking with multi-modal, work capacity events. Your Saturday training will most closely resemble what you’ll face at the GORUCK Challenge and build/test both your physical and mental fitness.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Obj: 4 Hour Event
15x Weighted Sit-ups w/ Ruck Sack against chest
14x Weighted Sit-ups w/ Ruck Sack against chest
13x Weighted Sit-ups w/ Ruck Sack against chest