• 8 Week, 6x day/week training plan specifically for USAF TACP Technical School
• Includes focused PAST training, as well as intensive rucking, running, calisthenics, and “mini events”
• Complete directly before school in order to arrive at school prepared.
• This training plan is one of the 182+ Plans included with an Athlete’s Subscription.
8-week,6-day a week, often 2x/day training program specifically designed to prepare athletes for the US Air Force Tactical Air Control Party Technical School (USAF TACP). The plan is designed to be completed the 8 weeks directly prior to your course start week.
This program follows a general format and gets progressively harder each week, until week 8, when the training tapers down into the start of School.
The plan is “sport specific” to the fitness demands you’ll face at TACP school – specifically PAST preparation, bodyweight work capacity “smoke sessions,” running, swimming and rucking. It aims to build your “combat chassis” – legs, core, lungs and heart, overall durability, and endurance/stamina for long days on your feet, in kit, during school.
The plan includes:
The plan has 48 Total Training Sessions. It is intended that you’ll train Monday – Saturday, and take Sunday’s off.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• GPS-enabled Watch. A GPS enabled watch will make measuring run and ruck distances much easier, as well as maintaining required pacing. We like the Garmin Forerunner 10 or Foreunner 15.
• Stop Watch with repeating countdown timer. We like Timex Ironman watches for easy repeating countdown timers
• 60# and 80# Sandbag. We sell sandbags here (http://gear.strongswiftdurable.com/collections/frontpage/products/sandbag) or you can use any old duffle bag. Wood Pellets or mulch made from ground up tires make great filler.
• ALICE Ruck or same ruck you will use at selection, 65# of filler
• 10# Sledge hammer or dumbbell. You’ll carry this while rucking.
• Pair of 25# Dumbbells
• Swim Goggles
• Foam Roller
• Body Armor
Just wanted to let you know I followed your USAF TACP plan and supplemented some weight training prior to the ALO assessment.
Not only did I feel confident in my training during the extended training sessions, but I was selected out of a large pool of candidates. - D
SESSION 19 - AM
Obj: PAST Work
SESSION 20 - PM
Obj: 6 Mile Run Work
By Rob Shaul
I received notes frequently from athletes hesitant to purchase a subscription or training plans asking me to sell them on why they should make the purchase.
While I understand the question, I’m not a salesman - so I can't put a hard sale on anyone for our programming.
I can tell them the process we go through to design our programming.
We begin with extensive research on the fitness demands of the event, identify the exercises and progressions which sport specifically meet those demands, chose end-of-cycle goals, and program backward to design the plan.
Then we test the cycle on ourselves and our lab rats here in Wyoming. We document, note what works and doesn’t work, re-assess, and make changes and modifications.
Then we publish the programming in the form of one of our plans or as part of our subscription daily training sessions for tactical and mountain athletes.
We don’t stop there - our daily programming is the “tip of the spear” for our programming evolution. We use these sessions to learn and make continuous improvement.
As we learn more and improve, we go back, and update the sport-specific training plans on the website. For example, we’re currently on Version 5 of our Ruck Based Selection Training Plan and Version 3 of our Dryland Ski Training Plan and Version 4 of our Big Game Back Country Hunting Training Plan.
We understand our programing isn’t cheap, but we believe it’s a great value. The $79 for the Ruck Based Selection Training Plan, and $39 for the Dryland Ski Training Plan reflect the, research, work, innovative theory, iteration, testing and feedback we've put in and received to make these plans effective.
All that matters for us is outside performance, and we feel strongly that Our Stuff Works in the real world.
Here’s our guarantee:
1) Individual Training Plan Purchase:
If you purchase an individual training plan, follow it as prescribed before your season/event/pft/selection, and if you don’t feel you were physically ready for your season/event/pft/selection, and/or didn't see dramatic improvements in your early season performance, we’ll refund your money, no questions asked.
2) Athlete's Subscription
If you purchase an Athletes' Subscription, follow the training sessions as prescribed, and are not satisfied with the quality of the programming, notify us within 30 days of purchase, and we'll refund your money, no questions asked.