This intense seminar is designed for experienced athletes wanting to lean more about strength and conditioning program design, as well as professional coaches/trainers ready to take the next step in their programming advancement.
This course is most appropriate for seasoned, fit, athletes and and experienced coaches. It’s not appropriate of inexperienced athletes and brand new coaches.
This course is an intensive introduction and application of our Programming Theory and Methodology for Tactical Athletes.
- 3 days, May 29 – May 31 (Mon-Wed)
- Course is offered at our facility in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Students will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Tuition includes a 1-Year Athlete’s Subscription to mtntactical.com which includes daily programming and 190+ training plans ($299 Value)
These areas will be fully covered:
- Macro, meso and micro programming for Tactical Athletes.
- In depth understanding and application of Fluid Periodization
- Description and understanding of the different fitness attributes for the 5 types of Tactical Athletes
- Practical application of Fluid Periodization to training cycles, and individual training session design
- How to identify what to assess, build the assessment, progress the results in a training cycle, and re-assess
- Extensive individual training session design instruction for strength, work capacity, endurance, TAC SEPA and Chassis Integrity
- PFT/School/Selection and mission-specific program design
- Programming for limited equipment, austere environments and injured athletes
- Chassis Integrity and mobility/durability theory and design, and how to weave these into training sessions
***Note: This is not an exercise instruction course. We assume students are well versed and familiar with functional fitness exercises, know their way around the weight room, etc. are currently coaches/trainers and/or are experienced athletes ready to learn program design. Familiarity with the MTI programming approach and method is an asset.
Course is 80% classroom/theory based, 20% gym-based. Classroom work will interchange lecture, student focused training session design and critique, cycle design, and sport/mission – specific training design.
Course will include 3x Training sessions which students are encouraged, but not required, to participate in. Goal of the training sessions is to give students first hand experience of programming flow and application.
Day 1: Macro & Meso Programming Theory and Design, Strength Session Deisgn
- Training attribute selection
- Fitness Mountain
- Macro-Cycle Design over several months and Meso Cycle Design for Base Fitness (Tactical Athletes) and the application of Fluid Periodization
- Programming theory and instruction of 7x different strength progressions we deploy: Big 24, Rat 6, 357, Super Squats, Eccentric, TLU & Density
Day 2: Work Capacity, Chassis Integrity, TAC SEPA Program Design
- Work Capacity event meso and micro design
- Chassis Integrity theory and Design
- TAC SEPA Design
- Progression within the cycle, Assessment/Reassessment application to Strength and Work Capacity Design
Day 3: Sport-Specific/Event-Specific Program Design
- Durability/Mobility Discussion, Our Lessons learned and current application
- TAC SEPA Theory and Session Design
- Military PFT, Selection, School Sport Specific Design
Questions? Email email@example.com