RAT 6 Strength Session Design is a percentage based strength progression based upon 1 Repetition Maximums (1RM) to increase your Maximal Strength, or the absolute total amount an athlete can pick up or lift in any given exercise.
It can be programmed in a heavy strength focused cycle, or in a “fluid” cycle which concurrently trains other fitness demands such as work capacity, endurance, and core strength. We’ve deployed Rat 6 Progression both ways, many times in our programming for mountain and tactical athletes.
The progression is based on a 8×3 set/rep templates with the progression percentage being applied to sets 4-8. Each progression should ideally be completed twice before advancing.
Rat 6 Strength Design can be easily implemented with barbell strength exercises. By the end of this course, you will be able to apply the Rat 6 methodology to one exercise in any cycle, or with several exercises in a focused, strength cycle.
What You’ll Learn
- How we test for 1RM (1 Repetition Maximum) for Total, Lower and Upper body exercises.
- The specific set/rep schemes and percentage progressions we deploy in Rat 6 Programming.
- How to use Rat 6 Progression for multiple exercises in a focused strength cycle, and/or how to deploy the progression for a limited number of exercises for a “Fluid” cycle which trains multiple attributes concurrently (strength, endurance, work capacity, agility, etc.)
Who is this course for?
- Professional strength and conditioning courses, CrossFit trainers, and personal trainers interested in proven strength session design for athletes with “hybrid” fitness demands
- Experienced athletes interested in advanced program design and others ready to begin programming for themselves
With your purchase, you get online access to the course and it’s updates as long as MTI exists!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org