The 4 training plans contained within this packet details 24 weeks of cutting edge, day-to-day training for Law Enforcement Athletes.
Each plan deploys our most recent iteration of “Fluid Periodization” and training the following fitness attributes essential to LE mission performance:
- High Relative Strength – Strength per bodyweight, especially total and lower body relative strength. In most tactical situations, LE athletes need to move themselves quickly and powerfully. By building high relative strength, we aim to get them strong as possible, without adding unneeded mass, while still keeping them fast, quick and powerful. As well, strength is the key to durability. Stronger athletes are harder to injure in the first place, don’t get injured as bad if something does happen, and recover faster if they do get injured.
- Upper Body Hypertrophy – LE athletes, especially patrol, can benefit from upper body mass. A stout upper body can help intimidate would-be bad guys from assault or attack.
- Work Capacity – Horsepower and aerobic power to go super hard for relatively short periods – especially pertinent in any tactical situation. Law enforcement Work Capacity programming should have a strong emphasis on sprinting ability and recovery – as this is the mostly mode of effort when things are dangerous.
- Chassis Integrity – Functional, transferable core/mis-section strength and strength endurance for mission performance and overall durability.
- TAC SEPA – Tactical Speed, Explosive Power and Agility.
- Stamina – Different from endurance, “stamina” is the ability to stay mentally and physically fit and ready for long events, or multiple short events over a long duty day.
“Fluid Periodization” is our methodology of training these five fitness attributes concurrently with either balanced cycles, or cycles with subtle emphasis on one or two of the attributes.
The four plans, in the order we recommend you complete them are listed below. Note the rest weeks between plans:
– Each Plan is 6 weeks long, 4-5 days/week. (Day 5 is optional)
-Take 1 complete rest week between each cycle
– Training sessions are short and crisp – designed to last 45-50 minutes
– Sessions designed to be completed in any functional fitness gym which includes barbells, bumper plates, kettlebells/dumbbells, plyo boxes, sandbags (40, 60, 80#) and a short sprinting area (inside or outside) – 25m.
– Broader descriptions of the individual training plans are below.
The price for this packet of plans, $137, represents a 30% savings over the combined price of the individual plans.
What if I miss a day?
Begin where you left off when you return to training. This programmed is progressed – each session builds upon the prior session – so don’t skip a session or skip around. Follow the training sessions in order, regardless.
Where do I find unfamiliar exercises?
See our Exercise Library HERE. The Run Calculator is listed as an exercise.
What about nutrition?
See our Nutritional Guidelines HERE.
Can I see sample training?
Click the “Sample Training” tab to see the entire first week of programming.