Intense, 10-week training plan specifically designed to train athletes for the GORUCK Selection event.
This is a 6 day/week training plan which includes multiple 2-a-days, as well as long weekend rucks (up to 20 miles). The plan demands a significant time commitment to complete. The plan includes a 2-week taper, and is designed to be completed the 10 weeks directly prior to your event start date.
Most weeks you’ll train Monday through Saturday and take Sundays off.
This is our 3rd Version of the GORUCK Selection plan, and includes specific training progression for the initial GoRuck Selection PFT (push ups, situps, 5 mile run, 12-mile Ruck @ 45#).
This plan is “sport-specific” to the specific fitness demands of GoRuck Selection – specifically rucking. You’ll ruck up to 3 days/week and run 2-3 days/week. It also includes:
- Testing and progressive training for the GoRuck Selection Physical Fitness Test (GRSPFT)
- Focused upper body strength training
- Weekly total body strength training in a weight room
- Step-ups for hiking uphill, and Sandbag Getups for work capacity, mental fitness, and core strength
- Intense core, mobility, and stabilizer strength training for durability
- DOT Drills for ankle and knee durability