Intense, 9-week training plan specifically designed to prepare athletes for the FBI Hostage Rescue Team selection. The plan includes a 1-week taper, and is designed to be completed the 9 weeks directly prior to your selection course start week.
This 6-day/week plan includes several 2-a-day training sessions, and long, weekend “mini-events.” The intensity of this training plan reflects the volume and intensity of the FBI HRT selection course.
Plans general focus is on building the athlete’s “combat chassis” (legs, core, lungs and heart). The plan deploys several assessments, and then uses follow-on progressions based upon your assessment results. This way the plan automatically scales to the initial fitness level of the athletes. Here are the assessments. You’ll take these multiple times over the 9 weeks:
(1) FBI HRT PFT – Max Sit ups (2 minutes), Max Push ups (2 minutes), Max Pull ups, 2 Mile Run, 200m Swim, 8-Flight Sprint Climb with 55# vest and 35# ram or dumbbell, 20-Foot Rope Climb
(2) 5 Mile Ruck Run for Time – 45# Ruck, 10lb Rubber Rifle, or Sledge Hammer, Full Cammies/Boots, Helmet
(3) 10 Mile Run for Time
(4) 10 Minute Sandbag Getup (SBGU) for reps at 60# Sandbag
(5) 40-60 Minute Bodyweight/Work Capacity Smoker followed by 5 mile run, for time
(6) Bodyweight Bench Press for Reps