Sport-specific, 9-week program specifically designed to prepare athletes for the DEA FAST (Foreign-Deployed Advisory and Support Team) Selection Course. The plan includes a 1-week taper, and is designed to be completed the 9 weeks directly prior to your selection course start week.
This is a very intense, 6-day a week, often 2x/day training program with high levels of volume and stress. The intensity of this training plan reflects the volue and intensity of the DEA FAST selection course. To successfully complete this program you’ll need to make training for selection a priority during your work day.
This plan is “sport specific” to the specific fitness demands you’ll face at DEA FAST selection – specifically work capacity “smoke sessions,” running, swimming and rucking. It aims to build your “combat chassis” – legs, core, lungs and heart, overall durability, and endurance/stamina for long days on your feet, in kit, during selection.
The plan includes:
– Focused Testing and progressive training for the DEA FAST PFT, including the 12-mile Ruck Assessment
– Work Capacity Smokers 2-3x/week
– Sandbag Getups for work capacity, mental toughness, and core strength
– Intense core, mobility, and stabilzer strength training for durability
– Upper body strength
– Focused sprinting work with and without kit
– Intense “mini events” to prepare you for the long days
The plan includes 5 specific assessments, and follow-on progressions. You’ll take these assessments three times over the 9 weeks:
(1) DEA FAST PFT – Max Sit ups (2 minutes), Max Push ups , Max Pull ups, 300m Sprint, 2 Mile Run,
(2) 12 Mile Ruck for Time – 45# Ruck, 10lb Rubber Rifle, or Sledge Hammer, Full Cammies/Boots, Helmet
(3) 6 Mile Run for Time
(4) 10 Minute Sandbag Getup (SBGU) for reps at 80# Sandbag
(5) 20-30 Work Capacity Smokers
(6) 3 Mile IBA Run for Time
(7) 500m BDU Swim for time