This program is intended to be done the 6 weeks prior to starting CDQC. You will take fitness assessments during Weeks 1 and 4. You will train 6 times a week during Weeks 2, 3, and 5, and 5 days a week during 1, 4, and 6. You will use the results from the assessments in subsequent training sessions.
These assessments are how the plan scales to your ability. Always record your reps/times and always use the results from the most recent assessments. In Weeks 1, 2, and 3, you’ll use the results from Week 1’s assessments. In Weeks 4, 5, and 6, you’ll use the results from Week 4’s assessments.
This is a very intense training program. It includes assessments designed to be performed at your physical limit, demanding pool and open water training, high intensity runs, pool PT, and training sessions that last up to 4 hours.
The end of Weeks 2, 3, and 5 contain physically and mentally demanding “mini-events” that range in duration from 2 to 4 hours. You must prepare your equipment and nutrition ahead of time to complete these events. Never train beyond the prescribed duration of the event, even if you haven’t completed all of the evolutions.
Overall, this program has a sharp focus on improving your run and fin ability and your confidence/comfortability in the water, especially while hypoxic.
Assessment Weeks (1 and 4)
- Monday : CDQC PFT Assessment
- Tuesday : 5-mile Run Assessment
- Wednesday : 3000m Fin Assessment*
- Thursday : PFT Work + Swim/Hypoxic Training
- Friday : Long Run + Long Fin
- *This assessment can be done in a pool, but open water if you can.
Weeks 2, 3, 5, and 6
- Monday : PFT Work + Swim/Hypoxic Training
- Tuesday : Fin Intervals
- Wednesday : 5-mile Run Intervals + Pool PT
- Thursday : Long Run + Long Fin
- Friday : Fin Intervals
- Saturday : Mini-Events (duration increases from 2 hours up to 4 hours)