Intense, sport-specific 8-week program is specifically designed to prepare athletes for the US Border Patrol’s BORTAC Selection. The plan includes a 1-week taper, and is designed to be completed the 8 weeks directly prior to your selection start week.
This is a very intense, 6-day a week training program with high levels of volume and stress. To successfully complete this program you’ll need to make training for selection a priority during your work day.
This plan is “sport specific” to the fitness demands you’ll face at BORTAC Selection – rucking, running, swimming, work capacity “smokers,” grip strength, etc.
The plan includes 5 specific assessments, and follow-on progressions based on the athlete’s initial results. This way the plan automatically scales to the initial fitness level of each athlete. You’ll take these assessments multiple times over the 8 weeks:
(1) BORTAC PFT – 1.5 Mile Run, Max Sit ups (1 minutes), Max Push ups (1 minutes), Max Pull ups, 1RM Bench Press and 6-Mile Ruck
(2) 3-Part Work Cap Assessment: Sprints, Sandbag Getups, 3-Mile IBA Run (Shorts/T-Shirt)
(3) 10 Mile Heavy Ruck for Time – 60# Ruck, 10lb Sledge Hammer or Dumbbell, Full Cammies/Boots
(4) 6 Mile Run for Time, shorts and t-shirt
(5) Multi Modal Work Caps for Time
Monday – PFT Work
Tuesday – Run/Core
Wednesday – Strength/Work Cap
Thursday – Ruck/Work Cap
Friday – Swim/Unload
Saturday – Heavy Ruck Intervals