Big 24 Strength Design uses a strength progression based upon 3 Repetition Maximums (3RM) to increase your Maximal Strength.
It can be programmed in a heavy strength focused cycle, or in a “fluid” cycle which concurrently trains other fitness demands such as work capacity, endurance, and core strength.
The Big 24 Strength deploys a “working rounds” progression that is a specified amount of weight below your 3RM.
The progression is based on a 8×3 set/rep templates with the progression being applied to sets 4-8. The name Big 24 is derived from the number of total reps you will perform for the exercises during training sessions (8 x 3 = 24).
By the end of this course, you will be able to apply the Big 24 methodology to one exercise in any cycle, or with several exercises in a focused, strength cycle.
What You’ll Learn
- How we test for 3RM (3 Repetition Maximum) for Strength Exercises.
- The specific set/rep schemes and percentage progressions we deploy in Big 24 Progression.
- How to use Big 24 Progression for multiple exercises in a focused strength cycle, and/or how to deploy the progression for a limited number of exercises for a “Fluid” cycle which trains multiple attributes concurrently (strength, endurance, work capacity, agility, etc.)
Who is this course for?
- Professional strength and conditioning courses, CrossFit trainers, and personal trainers interested in proven strength session design for athletes with “hybrid” fitness demands
- Experienced athletes interested in advanced program design and others ready to begin programming for themselves
With your purchase, you get online access to the course and it’s updates as long as MTI exists!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org